The Boeslunde Altarpiece
Altarpiece with two pairs of wings, made in North Germany ca. 1425. it came to the National Museum from Boeslunde Churh on Sjaeland, but it was probably originally placed in the Carmelite monastery in the nearby town of Skelskør, which was torn down between 1550 and 1560. The Carmelite church was dedicated to the Virgin Mary, who is also the central figure on the Boeslunde altarpiece. The colours of the altarpiece are the original ones. Boeslunde church, Sjaeland.